Introduction to Custom Software Development
In today’s world where the industry landscape keeps on changing, businesses must be able to continuously improve their processes as well according to the current market. Like if we think about twenty years ago the market especially software development in India was entirely different than what it is today. The major difference is the liberty to develop any type of application within the industry. This includes developing custom software applications based on the desired technology stack, required skill-set, or any expertise using different development methodologies.
In order to stay relevant businesses readily need to accept the market changes and for them the software development companies are there to help. So for the businesses looking for custom software development, deployment and maintenance this blog is a comprehensive guide to know all about the custom software development companies and help you understand the different development phases.
Additionally in this blog, you will gain a full understanding of the benefits of custom software, what to look for when hiring a custom software development company, the risks and costs, what to expect in the entire software development lifecycle, and how to ensure the success.
Let’s start with the very basic understanding,
What exactly is Custom Software Development?
(Definition: Custom Software Development can be defined as a continuous innovation that helps you deliver a great digital market. And this process is highly organised and customer-centric. It is a process that encompasses the design, build, integration, scaling, and upgrade of software solutions in order to address specific business goals, unique needs, and objectives)
Many businesses already have specific software programs for certain tasks. This helps them achieve the desired level of efficiency, extend functionality, automate tasks, reduce manpower while increasing the productivity of the business. On the other hand, a custom software app development can be custom developed to achieve just what a business requires, hence helps one gain an upper hand and improve business performance.
Benefits to Outsource Custom Software Development
Improve customer interaction, and optimise internal processes as well as streamline collaborations with partners by opting to outsource custom software development. So here are some advantages of opting to outsource custom software development.
- It meets your specific Business Needs:Every company or business is unique in its own way and has its own set of requirements and issues to be addressed. Some may need to focus on security regulations, while some want to offer consumer-specific functions. A custom software can be developed for companies across all industries with their business interest in mind.
- Automate Manual Operations:The company’s workflow can be interrupted significantly by carrying out manual operations which are encountered in your business frequently. So to save your time and expenses these operations can help you work effectively.
- Business can Save Money:Off-the-shelf solutions may seem cheaper initially but it ends up costing more in the long run, as ready-made solutions may include different types of fees. Additionally, it may not even be able to keep up with changes in your business. But with custom software development you only pay for the custom features you request.
- Business can Control Security Better:This lets you focus the secured work operations as per your business requirements. With custom software development one can add as many functionalities and features as you want. This can provide the benefit of agility and flexibility that can take your business to the next level.
- Integration with other Software and Tools:Application modernisation or up-gradation with the development of custom apps that strongly binds the infrastructure and even integrate seamlessly with other applications.
- Lower Costs:Custom software development companies offer flexible resources and the things within the project requirements can be increased or decreased according to business needs. The payment to the dedicated team is offered based on the specific developers working on it.
Certain Bespoke Software Development Benefits
- Vendor Independence
- Higher Efficiency
- Faster Adoption
- Unlimited Customisation
- Cost-free Licensing
- Data Access
- Data Integration
- Ideation and Brainstorming
- Software designing
- Integration and Testing
- Product Release
- Effective Marketing
- Maintenance and Support
Popular Custom Software Applications To Develop
- Advanced Web Applications 30.80%
- Enterprise Applications 85%
- SaaS Applications 54%
- Mobile Applications 86%
- E-Commerce Applications 39%
- HIPAA Applications 7%
- Advanced Web Applications
These web apps are highly responsive and lower in costs and do not require the end-user to install or update them. It is highly accessible and scalable providing a high level of efficiency in meeting the business requirements without facing any complexities.
- Enterprise Applications
This integrates easily into existing departmental software into a user-friendly interface to manage better and share the data across the company easily in order to grow and expand the business.
- SaaS Applications
A user-friendly interface promotes sales as it can integrate easily on any platform and it easily prevents data breaches and is highly secured.
- Mobile Applications
The most efficient user interface for custom software development is that of mobile applications. One of the main reasons for this development is because they are highly responsive across any type of mobile device and whatever is developed is best delivered in all kinds of industries.
- E-Commerce Applications
An online store can be integrated into a company’s existing website and can easily sell goods and even track orders and payments with ease by developing such applications. This can help to organize the entire process and of selling, buying of products with ease.
- HIPAA Applications
In order to increase collaboration in the healthcare industry, where the data is kept confidential and even secure, video streaming is possible. This type of application is completely developed under the Public Health Information guidelines kept in mind. This type of application provides a secure and user-friendly experience to patients.
Project Management Styles and Methodologies
It is important to determine which project management style the company uses and which one is the best one for your business. This management methodology aims to accomplish complete projects that can satisfy the goals of the business project according to the client’s expectations.
- Waterfall Project Management
- Agile Project Management
- Scrum Project Management
- Six Sigma Project Management
- PRINCE2 Project Management
How to Pre-Plan a Custom Software Development Project
Before searching for a custom software development company one needs to answer a few questions. In order to receive a product that addresses your needs and which specifically aligns exactly with the objectives and goals of your business.
- What basic functionality will your software perform?
- Which existing systems will it integrate with?
- Which devices and operating systems will your business software work on?
- What is your decided budget, and later do the entire planning accordingly?
As it is necessary for one to be able to start out by clearing these questions or by clearing out the other doubts as well from the very start.
What to Expect During Software Development LifeCycle
The SDLC is the process of producing software that offers maximum quality as quickly and cost-effectively as possible by setting a flow of phases helping the organisation to develop that is ready for use from ideation to delivery.
- Initial Costs and Ongoing Costs
Costs and Risks
Estimating software costs is considered a very important step in the entire process because calculating the exact costs and effort is quite challenging.
There are certain factors that impact the entire software development success
- Size of the software you want to build
- Complexities to be faced while developing
- Software development approach
- Team/Company you hire
- Data Migration
How to estimate costs of development?
Depending upon the following three important factors can affect software development which are
- Types of software
- Size of software
- Size of Team and estimated time of delivery
Risks involved in software development come with many risks as there are no exceptions for this type of development. Any of these can lead to software failures and some of them can be;
- Being over-ambitious
- No specific aim
- Not having proper communication
- Inappropriate estimates
But to overcome such risks certain strategies or techniques should be followed, some can be listed as:
Beginning with an MVP Development
- Following agile methodologies
- Manage technical risk
- Frequent communication to be conducted
- Conduct thorough testing
Non-Disclosure Agreement in Software Service Businesses
In order to protect the confidentiality of proprietary information or business exchanged information from getting disclosed. It is made to share the requirements for the purpose of time and costs or any information that clients want to stay confidential.
There are further types of NDA as well, which are as follows:
- Unilateral NDA
In an agreement between two parties, the company stays the owner of the information. And they are releasing this to the second party. The second party signs those documents and agrees for the information to stay confidential without leaking them to the third party.
- Mutual NDA
Both the parties mutually share the confidential information and agree to keep them confidential by signing them on the document having signs of both the parties.
- T&C NDA
-How long does the NDA last?
-What is the term of lasting NDA?
-What is included or excluded from the confidential treatment?
-What are the obligations of the contract?
These questions may give you the exact perspective to T&C NDA which is meticulous to certain terms and agreements and what all aspects should be taken care of and whatnot, everything is signed in this document.
- Deemed Confidential
To prevent a business from any kind of breach the elucidated form in which information is to be conveyed through NDA agreement is done. This clearly states which information would remain confidential and which would not. This agreement can help elaborate a clearer vision without any kind of confusion or loophole to taking place.
Custom software will surely bring business efficiency to your business with new heights and a noticeable impact on your existing work. However, to ensure successful outcomes, there are a few tips to keep in mind. Although the custom software development in India process is quite complex, Vrinsoft has the expertise and years of experience of creating them. They carried out projects of all sizes successfully.
Award-winning solutions that can be based on a deep understanding of business. Vrinsoft being client-focused and having a trust-based approach has proven to be a successful one. Bringing the ideas to life efficiently gives a competitive range focusing on expanding the business.