The mobile application industry is dominated by Educational apps, Social media, Gaming apps, and more. To be able to meet the requirements of the targeted audience, organizations must move quickly with the most up-to-date tools and stay with the trend of developing an app for their business. That is the only way you can stay on top this year. In order to fulfill their goals of branding, marketing, and improving customer engagements, the industry giants are hiring the leading mobile app development companies.
But do you know what is trending in 2022 and how to hire an iPhone developer? Technological advancements drive android and iOS app development. The business should have an innovative vision for a future that should ideally include a feature-rich Android and iOS app. Businesses can benefit from developing an iPhone app to take advantage of all the features of the device rather than opting for a cross-platform app. This article lists the popular iOS development trends for 2022.
Consumers Spend On Mobile Apps
In 2017, mobile app consumer expenditure amounted to 17.6 billion U.S. dollars, whereas in 2022, consumers in this region are projected to spend over 34 billion U.S. dollars. The average smartphone user spends 3 hours and 10 minutes each day, and about 2 hours and 51 minutes of this time are spent on apps. Moreover, research shows that there are 60+ apps installed on the average smartphone. But the question is, do people use all of those apps?
The answer to that question is that the average person uses nine mobile apps per day and 20 apps per month. Considering that the average smartphone user has 80 apps on their phone, this means that more than 62% of those apps don’t get used every month.
What does this mean? It’s simple. People are downloading apps and not using them. In fact, 25% of apps are used only once after being downloaded and then never used again. So in order to let your targeted audience use your iOS application, you need to have the latest features added using the latest technologies.
Global Mobile App Revenue
- Revenue from mobile apps in 2020 was 318 billion U.S. dollars globally; which was an increase of over 60 billion U.S. dollars compared to that in 2019.
- The most substantial segment in 2020 was the mobile games segment, with a revenue of over 200 billion U.S. dollars, followed by social networking mobile apps, which created an income of around 31 billion dollars.
- The Statista Digital Market Outlook estimates that revenue across most segments will increase over the next few years and overall will reach around 613 billion U.S. dollars by 2025.
iOS App Development Trends in 2022
Mobile app development is an ever-changing landscape. What was popular a few years ago may not be so now. This is why it’s important for businesses to stay up-to-date with the latest trends in order to remain competitive. The world of iOS app development is constantly evolving, and it can be tough to keep up with the latest trends. But if you want to stay ahead of the curve, it’s important to know what’s coming down the pipeline.
Here is what the current app development trends are:
- Artificial Intelligence: Artificial Intelligence has changed our usage of mobile devices by heaps in recent times and will continue to do so for a long time to come. It all began with voice assistants in mobile devices that communicate like humans. Siri from Apple and Alexa from Amazon are two such examples, even Google has a similar feature. They answer queries and carry out simple instructions. The use of AI is on the rise in many types of applications like games, business apps, social media apps, eCommerce apps, and more. One of the chief uses is automation.
- Augmented Reality: AR has been gaining popularity in recent years and is only going to become more mainstream in the coming year. AR allows users to superimpose digital content on the real world, making it an incredibly immersive experience. There are a number of ways businesses can use AR, from product demonstrations to educational content. For example, IKEA has an app that lets users see how furniture would look in their home before they buy it. It has similar applications for opticians and the fashion industry as well where people can virtually try their glasses and clothes prior to making a purchase
- 5G Technology: 5G is the next generation of mobile network technology, and it’s set to revolutionize the way we use our devices. 5G offers much higher speeds and lower latency than previous generations, making it ideal for data-intensive tasks like streaming HD video and gaming. A number of 5G-enabled devices are already available. There are also several cities around the world that have already implemented 5G and have a substantially high number of subscribers. In the coming year, we can expect to see wider adoption of 5G and more businesses taking advantage of its capabilities. It would work to your advantage to begin developing the ideal 5G strategy for your business.
- IoT: IoT refers to the interconnectedness of physical devices to the Internet and objects that are able to collect and exchange data. This trend is set to continue growing in popularity as more and more devices are connected to the internet. Businesses can use IoT to collect data and gain insights into their customer’s behavior. This information can then be used to improve the customer experience or develop new products and services.
- Apple Pay: This is already a popular payment method for iPhone and iPad users and cannot be ignored. Instead, it’s only going to become more ubiquitous in the years to come. More and more businesses are beginning to accept Apple Pay as a form of payment, and as consumer awareness of the service grows, we expect more people will start using it.
- Cloud Kit: In application development for iOS in 2022, cloud applications for iOS deserve a separate place in the top trends. Because it can easily store, organise, and manage large amounts of data too without compromising user experience. This opens up opportunities in iOS application development with appropriate data storage and transfer tools. CloudKit reduces the limits for performing complex tasks and helps to meet the exact expectations of application users. But how exactly can businesses and customers benefit from Cloud Kit?
- Setup and usage simplicity: No additional libraries or any type of unnecessary registrations or even superfluous configuration are required. One can use convenient APIs provided by the framework and even leave all the securities behind and import data easily.
- Clear and convenient organization: In order to manage all the data and development processes, CloudKit offers a handy system to manage all of it. It becomes more effortless once you get used to the environments, containers, and zones.
- Trustworthiness: Using CloudKit, iOS developers don’t have access to users’ data, as Apple takes over all privacy and security issues and so end users can be confident and entrust data to Apple and not developers. On the other hand, for developers, it may cause an inconvenience in debugging and troubleshooting.
- Cost-effectiveness: You can use all the benefits of CloudKit and get a generous amount of storage for free.
- Foldable Devices: While developing your mobile app development strategy, keep in mind that foldable devices is an emerging trend as well. This will change the way people use their devices and also open a world of new types of applications. Thus, the smartphone app development is set to change in the near future to allow apps to take advantage of this new feature. Approximately 50 million devices will be shipped by 2023; hence you need to make sure that your apps also run smoothly on foldable devices and find innovative methods to take advantage of more screen space. This can be a challenging trend in mobile app development in 2022.
- Chatbots: Chatbots help to simulate a conversation with users in natural language, which users will experience as they are having a conversation with humans. Even bots have the ability to reply instantly to the users. Apple’s personal assistant Siri has gained prominence worldwide, bringing about a significant change in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and contextual learning as Siri understands what people are searching for and speaking. Siri introduces intelligent search to the users.
But how exactly can businesses and customers benefit from chatbots? Customer service and other routine tasks get automated, which cuts costs on employment and results in increased revenue. Without any type of additional support, companies can work day and night by providing 24/7 support. Enhance customer satisfaction with Chatbots because they are fast, and their instant reply helps attract more customers to your business. Employees can focus on the bigger picture and improve service and products globally. Chatbots are always friendly, supportive, and helpful, as they are not affected by human nature, tiredness, and negative emotions.
- Blockchain: Blockchain is a distributed database that allows for secure, transparent, and tamper-proof transactions. This technology is set to have a significant impact on a number of industries, from finance to supply chain management. In the coming year, we can expect to see more businesses adopting blockchain technology. This will help to streamline processes and improve security, resulting in a more efficient and trustworthy business ecosystem.
- Swift 5: Apple Swift is considered one of the best leading programming languages
and continues to increase rapidly. Nowadays, more than a thousand applications are developed using the Swift language. Swift is a programming language that developers admire primarily for its inherent benefits like security, scalability, and simplicity. There is no doubt that it has a bright future.
- Wearables: Wearable apps are another trend that’s set to continue growing in popularity. These devices, which can be worn on the body, offer a number of benefits for both consumers and businesses. For consumers, wearables provide a convenient way to access information and stay connected. They can also be used to track fitness goals or monitor health conditions. Businesses can use wearables to collect data about their employees or customers. This information can be used to improve efficiency or optimize the user experience.
- Secure Apps: Data storing is another vulnerable aspect that requires closer attention from app developers. Apple is renowned for multiple features that ensure an intelligent security system. Like considering an example of you building an iOS app having the characteristic of App Payment Security by default. Introduced in iOS 9, it provides a higher privacy level for all newly published iOS apps and strengthens secure connections. End-to-end encryption and TLS pinning are some other features that protect data transmission. Additionally, Apple uses sandboxing, key chain, and data protection API to make sure apps store users’ data safely.
Hopefully, in the coming years, the commitment to impenetrable protection will become not just one of the iOS app development trends. Now is the time to follow the standard routine practice for developers across platforms providing taught security to end-users.
iOS App Development Trends in 2021
- Big Data
- Cloud-based Applications
- Machine Learning
Building an iOS app may seem like a time and energy-consuming endeavour. But the present-day tools and solutions open up new opportunities for app development for iOS by simplifying the development process, improving the technical quality of the applications, and resulting in a better user experience. With that said, hiring an iOS app development company might be the most efficient option for you.
At Vrinsoft, we always keep up with the latest in iOS development and have an experienced iOS development team to support any business to expand more with the applications and help you at any stage of your project. This is an award-winning company with several certifications, it is also ISO 9001:2008 certified. Contact us for iPhone App Development in India; one that is flawlessly and wrapped up in present-day solutions.