By admin December 29, 2021
The popularity of eCommerce stores is only going one way, ‘Up”. Several factors have contributed to this one of them being the global pandemic of COVID-19 which is still a cause for concern. More people now trust spending online and use either their mobile devices or computer to make the purchase. The increase in the sales of mobile devices and more people accessing the Internet for research and shopping has also contributed to the rise in the popularity of eCommerce websites.
Professional web development companies like Vrinsoft have the expertise to develop a custom eCommerce website which involves designing, developing, launching, and maintaining it to ensure it lives up to the specific expectations of a business.
There are many eCommerce software like Shopify, Magento, and one can also develop a customized solution. This article goes on to provide essential tips for those planning to set up their Shopify store and the benefits to hire a Shopify developer.
Benefits of Opting for Shopify
Shopify is one of the best eCommerce solutions; it is simple to set up and has several rich features as well. It has all the features one might need for selling goods and services since it does not require a great deal of configuration. This is a very popular eCommerce platform that can be used by all types of businesses small and big.
Shopify is ideal for both physical and digital products; it is also suitable for those providing consultation services, special memberships, and more. It takes little effort to set up and maintain. There are several options available to make it visually appealing and integrate additional features. It is highly secure and reliable with a quick loading time and the best marketing tools to help you get ahead of the competition.
Tips for Setting & Configuring your Shopify Store
The first page of your eCommerce website plays a big role when it comes to the first impression of your website. Visitors do not tend to have a great deal of patience and if they do not find what they are looking for they will quickly move on to the next website.
Here are several tips for setting up your Shopify store:
- Keep the design clean and simple, one that is easy to navigate. At the same time include elements that make it visually appealing while avoiding cluttering with too much information. Instead, ensure it is evident what the website is all about and that it is quick to load.
- The design should make it evident what products and services are being offered on the eCommerce website.
- It is vital that visitors are able to find what they are looking for fast. The secret to ensuring this is simple navigation.
- The best way to approach this is to design an intuitive navigation menu that is clearly visible and an interactive search bar. Also includes a special section on the bestselling products as well as featured and new products.
- Place a section on your website to showcase the reviews and testimonials from your previous customers. This is a good method of generating trust and credibility. Some of the other methods of generating trust include increasing the level of security and making sure the visitors are aware of the level of security by placing logos or images of the same.
- Design the product page well by including images and videos of the products if need be. Ensure the description is accurate and the visitor has access to several other tools and features like similar products, product comparison as well as associated products.
- Pick the product image with some thought. One should ideally place several high-quality images of the product from various angles. It will also work in your favor if you provide a 360 shot and provide all relevant information about the product either using images or bullet points.
- Some of the other essential elements of a custom Shopify website include a good FAQ section for all the customer inquiries, an “About Us” page to ensure the visitors can find sufficient information on the eCommerce store to help gain trust as well as a “Contact Us” page to ensure that you are reachable.
Interesting Facts & Statistics
- eCommerce sales worldwide as of October 2021 was 4.28 Trillion.
- The global eCommerce market was worth $1.3 Trillion in 2014.
- Shopify comes only second to WooCommerce and happens to be more popular than Magento and BigCommerce.
- Shopify has a market share of 23% in the USA, making it one of the most popular eCommerce platforms.
- There are over 100 free and paid themes for Shopify and more than 6000 plugins and tools.
- It is expected that 21.8% of people will shop online by 2024. Currently, in 2021, 19.5% shop online while in 2019 this figure was 13.6%.
- There are Shopify stores in over 175 countries around the world.
- 20% of all eCommerce websites in 2020 were using Shopify.
- Some of the popular brands using Shopify include Pepsi, Staples, Allbirds.
- Over 50% of Shopify stores get a repeat purchase.
Benefits of Professional Shopify Development Firm
- With a massive rise in the number of eCommerce websites it is vital you have a unique design and stand out. Hire professional developers for a unique and stunning design. They have a knack for making it more appealing and including special features.
- They are aware of the tricks of the trade to drive more relevant traffic to your website and increase your conversion rate. For example, designing a quick and simple checkout and flexible payment section.
- Developing an effective website is important, however, it is equally important to ensure it is optimized for the search engines.
Managing an online business is equally tough as an offline one in a brick-and-mortar store. Trusting your website development in the hands of professional Shopify developers means you can focus on the needs of the business and develop better strategies to get ahead. All of us can multi-task however, developing an eCommerce website requires a great deal of research, effort, and expert knowledge to implement.
Vrinsoft is a Shopify development company in India offering a wide range of services. You can hire a team of dedicated developers to work exclusively on your project to transform your ideas into reality. We are a website and mobile app development company that has been around for over 12 years and has a strong presence in 7 countries. You can trust Vrinsoft with the development of your Shopify website; we have a 99% customer satisfaction rate, having developed over 2000 projects.