Now talking about iOS app development trends that will dominate 2019 are:
1. Swift version 5 – With the success of Swift version 4 apple has come up with swift version 5. The primary focus of Swift 5 will be ABI (Application Binary Interface) stability for the Swift Standard Library.
Swift 5.0 is not binary compatible with earlier Swift releases. Binary compatibility allows Swift code compiled by different Swift compilers to link together and interoperate at a runtime level. However, future Swift releases will be binary compatible with Swift 5.
Why does ABI stability matters- bundle size will reduce, language changes smaller/less frequent, less migration, developers can create Pre-Compiled Frameworks in Swift.
2. IOT – Allow users to communicate with and control connected accessories in their home using your app. With the HomeKit framework, you can provide a way to configure accessories and create actions to control them. Users can even group actions together and trigger them using Siri. With update of new technologies, we as a human being are enjoying digitalized world.
IOT HomeKit is what Alexa skills are to Amazon, or what actions are to Google. It’s that intangible, but vital in-the-background software that makes it possible for you to turn on your smart lights every morning with a simple Siri command (or from Apple’s iOS-only Home app).
3. Machine learning – Machine learning or Data learning is popular nowadays. Apple has unveiled its core processor the 7-nanometer A12 Bionic, which includes a “Neural Engine” for tasks related to machine learning. Recently Apple has launched core ML 2 that allows high performance and highly responsive applications. Apple says Core ML 2 is 30% faster than Core ML.
Let’s clear this with example- If I train my machine 100 times showing pav bhaji image as fast food, then at 101 result it will automatically predict that pav bhaji is “fast food” same ways go with salad’s if I train my machine that the image of salad is healthy food then the final result it will predict is “healthy food”, so we need to train our machines first. So Apple has come up with these apps so that the customers can enjoy these features.
4. Artificial Intelligence – Ever since apple launched Siri it has been famous worldwide. Siri is like Amazon’s Alexa. I hope everyone out there must have seen advertisement of Alexa, it’s the same way Siri works in apple but Siri is way smarter than Microsoft’s Cortana and Amazon Alexa. As per the report of Loop Ventures, Siri gave correct answers to over 70% questions. Over the period, it keeps on gaining ground for assisting the users more efficiently.
Apple has brought Sirikit to facilitate iOS app developers to integrate the Siri advancements. When you hire iPhone app developers, they can build amazing apps with Siri-based features by using the Sirikit and Shortcut. In the coming days, Siri will remain a key feature for AI-based business apps.
5. Augmented Reality – Augmented reality or AR allows people to add digital elements into their actual environment. Now talking about Augmented Reality for iOS app development, Apple has come up with an update of ARkit2 a newer version of ARkit in iOS 12. From improved face tracking to 3D object detection, the ARKit 2 is equipped with several innovative features.
ARKit 2 is designed to enable the users to create an AR-based art that can be viewed by other people in the same place anytime. What’s more, the SceneKit is very useful for designing lifelike 3D graphics. We can expect that the AR technology will be integrated in a big way soon in the customized iOS apps.
6. Virtual Reality – Virtual reality or VR is an experience user gets to interact with new virtual worlds. iOS Apple has given such an interface that can give you a feel of virtual reality. To experience VR in IOS we need to connect iPhone with VR headset that can give us a feel of virtual real world.