By admin January 8, 2020
Magento1 is an open-source e-commerce web page which facilitates online wholesale traders with an adjustable trolley system alongwith providing command over the appearance, components and functionality of the wholesale trader’s online store. Magento gives strong marketing, maximization of search engine and categorization management systems.
However, there will be an up-gradation of this platform in June 2020 hence this year can be called as the Year of migration of Magento 1 to Magento 2. Also, Magento 1 will no longer be supported, people. Hence it is evident rather necessary that the merchants migrate from Magento 1 to Magento 2.
As it is they say change is the only constant and being in the generation of online shopping, there will always be an upgradation coming up on regular basis as far as the online shopping platforms are concerned. The upgradation of Magento 1 to Magento 2 is one of such important kind of up-gradation.
The most important reason for migrating from Magento 1 to Magento 2 is that Magento 1 software would no longer be supported starting from June 2020. Hence in case of any issues in the software, it would be very difficult to get help in resolving issues in the software.
Also, some of the benefits of Magento 2.0 up-gradation are:
• Since it is the latest or advanced version of Magento 1, it has many additional features and the performance of the new version Magento 2 will be much better than it older version Magento 1.
• It has refined Indexer that increases its query performance speed and the HTTP accelerator feature makes cache requests simpler.
• It helps multiple admin users to make as well as change e-Commerce products’ information avoiding any data overlapping in Magento 2.
• It has increased execution and adaptability since it refines web-pages to enhance delivery, enhances server response time of all the activities running in the website.
• Magento 2 being the upgraded version of Magento1 improvesthe capability of backend operators.
• The improved version of Magento software increases database pliability and adaptability to manage with maximum loads during peak seasons.
• Decreases page-load of an online store by a magnitude of 30-40 %.
• Enhanced safety- Magento 2 has a makeable emphasis on security and better information management by safeguarding user credentials and logout process.
• It’s password security features and 2-factor authentication provides an added level of security.
• Magento 2 has a solid backup plan as it includes hourly offsite backup plan and downloadable backups.
• It has unique Admin URL which provides dynamic safety level making it difficult for a hacker to crack.
• Reduces average logout time by excluding login and registration forms.
For Migration there are few software requirements before the migration as follows:
• Since Magento 2 won’t work well on PHP 5, PHP version 70.013+ or 7.1.x is required.
• MySQL version 5.6 and 5.7 or MariaDB version 10.0, 10.1, and 10.2 or Percona 5.7 is required.
• Any of the below PHP extensions: PDO/MySQL , bc-math, libxml, ctype, hash, openssl, SimpleXML, curl, dom, gd, , xsl, zip, json, intl, mbstring, mcrypt, , soap, spl,iconv.
As far as the hardware requirements are concerned one needs a minimum RAM of 2GB and a system with Solid State Drive, 24 GB than can improve Magento 2 speed.
Also, the Magento 1 to Magento 2 migration can be a very tedious process. The up-gradation can be time-consuming as it may include problems that would be difficult to manage. Hence, for the overall migration process, a professional service provider can be of immense help. Given that there are many such professional service providers in India, it shouldn’t be difficult for one to opt for.
Hence, it is evident that the Magento 2 up-gradation is unavoidable and hence it is necessary to upgrade your Magento 1 to Magento 2 to stay ahead in the race. Considering the above mentioned benefits of Magento 2, it looks like a requirement as well.